by Maria Koropecky, Homespunspa Owner
I recently acquired a new portable mini facial steamer for Homespunspa Mobile Spa and I just wanted to let you know how excited I am about it.
It’s an F-100 Mini Facial Steamer made by Silver Fox and it works like a charm.
As many of you know, I’m an English major and writer and I’m always curious to see how words play out in translation. Obviously, the people behind my mini steamer aren’t native English speakers and with no disrespect intended, I want to share with you some of their words about their product.
On the box it says:
“Portable Mini Facial Steamer”
“…Deeply clean the skin, effectively exterminate the skin germ and make the skin moister…”
- “Deeply clean the skin
- Replenish the moisture of the cell
- Promote the blood-cycle
- Effectively exterminate the skin germ”
“Six warm colours for choices”
(I have the white one in case you were wondering).
And in the brochure, it says:
- “Open up the skin pores for deep cleaning the dirt inside.
- When the vapor penetrates through the skin pores, it may soften and clean the grease, black head, make-up remnants and dirt.
- The ozonizer which sending out ozone will effectively kill the skin bacteria, keep the skin healthy, soften the necrotic cell of skin surface necrotic.
- Help the skin pores release toxin.
- Activiate the blood circulation, stimulate the metabolism of cells, better improve the wrinkle.”
- “Base seat stands on the desk.
- Check if the machine body is tightly twisted with water container.
- Slightly twist the combination of nozzle pipe and insert them into the round circle on top of the body.
- Move the nozzle to the using direction.”
- “Supply some clean water until the water comes up to the upper limit from filler on the top of the machine body.
- Plug the power switch.
- Press the “steamer” or “power” key. The light turns on and the machine starts to heat. In about 6 minutes, the vapor will spray out from the nozzle, and then the ozonizer can be operated as needed.
- Press the “ozone” key. The light turns on and the ozonizer operates when the power turns on. There is obvious atomization and flavor together with the vapor distinctly.
- During the operation, the water level will decline when the vapor sprays out constantly. In case the water level approaches the lower limit, firstly turn off the atomizing key and cut off the power supply. About 3-4 minutes later, supply some clean water (between upper limit and lower limit) from filler on the top of the machine body, and then plug the power switch to resume the operation.”
- “Clean the scale out of the water container and heater in time. Cleaning method: using a soft metal brush or marinate in the vinegar for 5-7 minutes, then clean the heater or water container with clear water.
- Keep alert on the water level during operation.”
- “Water level: when working, water level should be keep between the upper limit.
- Current leakage: when supplying water, don’t spill water in the power switch, so as to avoid current leakage.
- Control time: though the ozone may kill the bacteria but it’s not well using for long time. The period of time used should be according to the skin types:”
“Skin types (remedy suits case)”
- “reasy skin, poor blood circulation, 30-35 cm, 15 min
- Neutral & mixture skin, 30-35 cm, 10 min
- Dry skin, 30-35 cm, 5 min
- Sensitive skin, 35 cm, 5 min
- Stained skin, 30-35 cm, 10 min”
Sign me up and send one over!
I recently had a chance to try out my new facial steamer on my best customer, Linda. She asked me if I could extract a white head from her cheak. For this appointment, I used products that have stronger exfoliating properties and I was hoping to soften the skin with the facial steamer during the first masque treatment.
Unfortunately, I forgot to pack the wand but decided to go ahead and use the steamer anyway. The white head proved too stubborn and I wasn’t able to extract it on the spot but the next day, here is the message that Linda left on my voicemail:
“Hi Maria, I just wanted to let you know that whatever you did yesterday with working on that little spot on my face, I just ran my thumbnail over that little white, oil knob there and it came right off this morning so it looks like whatever you did there worked fine and you didn’t have to squeeze too hard. I just wanted to let you know that it worked fine.” ~ Linda
In the end, with or without the nozzle wand, I think the facial steamer helped.
Again, I wasn’t trying to be mean by writing out the “user-maintenance instructions.” I just love languages and hearing how other people use words. And I really love my new F-100 Mini Facial Steamer. Having a Facial Steamer With Ozone on the Mobile Spa Menu will really help me give even better facials and back treatments from now on.
If you’d like to make an appointment for a facial or a back treatment and see the F-100 live and in person, please contact me, Maria, and I’d be happy to bring it to your appointment. And if you mention this blog post, I’ll waive the $10 fee for this extra service.
Homespunspa Mobile Spa is going full steam ahead! 🙂