by Maria Koropecky, Homespunspa owner
How about a heaping helping of Pumpkin Spice bath salts? It’s my newest creation and I’m so excited about this recipe!
I took my basic bath salts recipe with sea salt, Epsom salt, cornstarch and baking soda and then glammed it up by adding Himalayan salt for a peachy colour and gold sugar — yes gold sugar — for sparkle.
And instead of using Almond oil, I used Pumpkin Seed oil which has a deep, maple red, caramel colour. Then I created an aromatic blend of cinnamon, clove, ginger, vanilla, cardamom and bay essential oils which I hope reminds people of sharing a pumpkin pie with family and friends by candle light on a windy November night and feeling all comfy and cozy inside. That’s what I was going for.
For me, taking a bath is always delightful. It’s so relaxing. I love lighting a few candles and listening to spa music and getting the temperature just right then immersing myself into the calming water. That aromatic bath salts take this experience to a whole, new level and leave my skin feeling soft and smooth.
It’s just a matter of carving out the time and sometimes that’s easier said than done. With these bath salts, I’m hoping to take more time for myself to relax and to encourage others to do the same.
If you would like to get your hands on my limited edition Pumpkin Spice Bath Salts for yourself or to give as gifts, you have options.
- You can call or email me and order a batch for .039 cents a gram plus shipping.
- You can call or email me and ask for the recipe and make a batch yourself.
- You can attend the Victoria Chamber of Commerce Gala on November 16th and bid on and win my chair massage donation which includes 3 packets of Pumpkin Spice Bath Salts.
- You can make an appointment with me for a pedicure, massage or facial which include a foot soak made with Pumpkin Spice Bath Salts.
- You can make an appointment with me for a skin-softening, aromatic Pumpkin Spice Salt Glow treatment available only until December 31, 2013.
- You can schedule a spa party to take place before December 31, 2013 and all of your guests will receive a complimentary 150 gram packet of Pumpkin Spice Bath Salts.
How does that sound? Is there a Pumpkin Spice bath in your future?