by Maria Koropecky, Homespunspa Owner.
If you want to brighten and enhance your home spa day, light some beeswax candles!
Did you know the Ancient Romans generally get the credit for inventing candles with wicks? In order to light their homes, light their path at night, and light their spirits in religious ceremonies, the crafty Romans rolled papyrus into a scroll and then dipped it repeatedly in melted tallow or beeswax and thus created the first candles!
As it turns out, our Roman ancestors were on to something amazing because even today, thousands of years later, we still appreciate the beauty of beeswax candles and continue to use them for their healing properties.
It’s Wise to Choose 100% Pure Beeswax Candles
You may think a candle is a candle is a candle and it doesn’t matter whether it’s made from soy, gel, paraffin, or beeswax — as long as it’s cheap and smells nice, right? But 100% Pure Beeswax candles are the best and healthiest choice.
Beeswax candles are created by bees and
- they’re environmentally-friendly,
- 100% natural,
- hypo-allergenic, and
They also emit a lovely, comforting, honey and floral aroma.
With their high melting point, beeswax candles burn significantly longer and brighter than other types of candles and the golden light that comes from beeswax is the same light spectrum that comes from the sun!
As an added bonus, in Sacred Geometry, the hexagonal shape of the honeycomb is also significant because the six sides are equal to each other and they represent the qualities of nurturing, responsibility, unconditional love, balance, harmony, home, family, service to others, selflessness, integrity, and grace.
On top of all that, you can breathe easier with beeswax candles because they actually purify the air! They’re a natural ionizer and are the only candles that emit negative ions that improve air quality!
Thank you, Bees!
Healing with Beeswax Candles
The next time you have a home spa day, go ahead and light some beeswax candles to create a healing space and to add some candle therapy to your spa treatments.
In my online store Cruising into Wellness, I sell 100% pure Beeswax Candles for $9.99 CAD for 2 tapers.
Using candles as therapy has been around for thousands of years and has been practiced by nearly every religion. Candle Therapy can be used to unite the powers of the mind, body, and spirit.
Candle Therapy Ritual
- First set aside some time when you won’t be interrupted. Prepare your space for your healing time by clearing clutter and surrounding yourself with special things that you like. Also be mindful that you are using fire so don’t leave your candles burning unattended and don’t place the candles too close to anything else.
- Take a moment to centre yourself.
- Choose a candle colour that touches on the themes you want to heal today.
- Tuning into our ancient ancestors, light your candles with intention and when you light your candles, imagine that you are creating light where there was no light before.
- When the candle is lit, the colour and vibration are released and amplified together with your thoughts. Burning a beeswax candle brings light, colour, and energy to you for any situation you wish to heal.
- Sit in a comfortable position and place the candle within a few feet of you. Gaze at the candle’s flame. Continue breathing slowly and focus on the flame. Watch the flame dance.
- Start thinking about the attributes of the colour’s energy and what you wish to create. See if you can see the flame in your mind’s eye with your eyes closed.
- Continue to concentrate on the flame for 10-15 minutes or until you feel ready to close your session.
What the Candle Colours Mean
- RED candles symbolize life, physical health, and attainment of emotions such as passion and vigour. Use the Red candle to help manifest a physical goal or strengthen a business or personal relationship.
- ORANGE candles reflect joy and creativity. Stare into the Orange candle’s flames and envision your life filled with unlimited potential and happiness.
- YELLOW is the colour of fire and is connected to learning to fulfill our ideals and desires. Also focus on the Yellow candle to increase your mind power and memory abilities.
- GREEN candles are for growth as well as balance. Use the Green candle when you need to amplify health, wealth, harmony, prosperity, or abundance.
- BLUE candles symbolize the power of life and greater faith. The intent of the Blue candle is to connect you to your inner truth and knowledge – the universe’s wisdom.
- INDIGO candles represent mastery of our sixth sense. Concentrate on the Indigo candle when you want to enhance your intuition and psychic abilities.
- VIOLET symbolizes spirituality and awakens success. The Violet candle will help when you need to be inspired and connected to “spirit.”
I hope this blog post about the healing powers of beeswax candles inspires you to use them more often. Let me know in the comments which colours are your favourite!
Why Buy Colour Energy 100% Pure Beeswax Candles from Cruising into Wellness
If you’d like to buy some 100% Pure Beeswax Candles from a reputable store, our candles are 100% pure natural beeswax and the wick is lead-free. The aroma of beeswax emits a beautiful honey fragrance, which cannot be duplicated with paraffin-made candles. Also beeswax burns longer and brighter than paraffin wax. Pure beeswax is a natural wax that does not contain chemicals. Beeswax is also ecologically safer for the earth as it is not made from petroleum.
To place your order for beeswax candles, please email me, Maria today!
Maria Koropecky is a spa therapist and writer who specializes in helping people relax and manage stress. To make a mobile spa appointment, please visit www.Homespunspa.com.